Hello bees!! A very very Happy New Year to you all. I wish you all have a memorable and sweet year ahead. Life is small, so cherish those moments which brings big-small-tiny happiness to us 🙂
So, today I am sharing a recipe which is a very famous Indian main course dish- Kadhai paneer (cottage cheese curry). It has lots of spices which brings a define flavor of Indian food. Now kadhai paneer, we specially have with creamy gravy but this recipe is a dry version of the main dish.
Which definitely cut the time to cook gravy and if you are serving dal (check my restaurant style dal recipe, here ) then no need to serve another gravy item in your main course menu. Also check the recipe video on my YouTube channel, link down below-
Kadhai Paneer ki Sukhi Sabzi
|Prep Time: 25 minutes||Cook Time: 25 minutes||Serves: 3-4|
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
- Paneer- 250 grams
- Tomato- 3-4, finely chopped
- Capsicum- 1 big or 2 medium size, cut into julienne
- Onion- 2 medium size, cut into julienne
- Garlic-ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger- ½ inch, cut into julienne
- Kashimiri red chili powder- 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves- handful of
- Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves- 1 tbsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Water- ¼ cup
- Salt- as per taste
For coarse spice powder-
- Roasted coriander seeds- 1 ½ tbsp
- Roasted saunf/fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Roasted whole red chili– 5 (as per your taste you can increase or decrease the amount)
—dry roast them and grind to a coarse spice powder. Keep it aside.
How to make:
- Heat a kadhai, add ghee and oil together.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat and add kashimiri red chili.
- After a while add onion and fry it for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to cook the onion faster.
- Add tomatoes along with salt. Cover it and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooked through add coarse spice powder and cook until it starts loosing oil in sides.
- Now add capsicum along with salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add ¼ cup water (it will help to combine everything very well).
- When water stars boiling add paneer cubes.
- Cook it for 5 more minutes. Then add coriander leaves, kasuri methi or fenugreek leaves, garam masala and ginger julienne.
- Mix well and remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with roti, rice, paratha or naan.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
ENJOY YOUR DAY WITH LOTS OF SMILE.