Hello and of course a Merry Christmas to all busy bees!! Yes, Christmas means “jingle bells song” and cake for me. In my childhood cake was not a regular affair in our home. Me and my brother looked forward to this very special day when our father bought fruit cakes or plum cakes for us. We really cherish those memories so much. After getting married when
we first brought our microwave I was so excited to bake-cook and more. I ended up baking a whole lot in the oven and established the tradition to bake Christmas cake. Although I love plum fruit cake (because its smell brings me all my childhood memory at once) but this time I made something different. A very basic and simple carrot cake. Trust me do not
experiment with this carrot cake. It is dashing with its very own traditional ingredients and you will surely love it in this way. So folks enjoy baking this time-
Visit my YouTube channel “Food HashTag Life by Jaya” to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Simplest Carrot Cake
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 45 minutes||Serves: 3-4|
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
- Carrot – 250 grams or 3-4 medium size, grated
- All purpose flour/ Maida- 200 grams or 1 & 1/3 cup
- Caster sugar/ coarsely grounded sugar- 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder/ all spice powder – 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Salt- 1/8 th tsp or a pinch (it will help to balance the sweetness of the cake)
- Vegetable oil- 1 cup
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Full cream Milk- ¼ cup
- Raisins- ¼ cup or handful of (optional)
- Walnut- ¼ cup (optional)
How to make:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Take 8”/12” pan, grease it and line it with butter paper.
- In a large bowl, sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Keep it aside.
- Take another bowl and take eggs and sugar. Whisk it until smooth.
- Now add oil, salt and again beat/whisk until well combined.
- Add vanilla essence and give it gentle mix.
- Add sieved flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Now gently mix it through.
- Now pour the batter into the pan and place it on middle rack of the oven.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serve it with hot tea or coffee or even a cream cheese topping.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
ENJOY YOUR DAY WITH LOTS OF SMILE.