Hey Bees!! Quick, easy a simple evening snacks is here . It is healthy and very appetizing snacks. Traditional bhel puri (with puffed rice) has it’s own taste which we love the most but i came across this recipe and thought to try it out. I used Kellogg’s cornflakes in this
recipe which we usually eat in breakfast with milk. Please note that you need to serve it as soon as you make it, otherwise it will become soggy. Be Careful with adding salt, lemon juice or other watery ingredients because too much of these will spoil the taste and you will not get the crunchiness.
You just do not need to add any chutney to make it more delicious (although you can add little green chutney or mithi chutney if you have it on hand. But be careful about the quantity as cornflakes tend to get soggy very quickly). It came out so delicious that it is surely going to be a keeper in my meal plan list .
Visit my YouTube channel “Food HashTag Life by Jaya” to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Healthy Chaat: Cornflakes Bhel
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook time: No cooking required||Serves: 2-3|
Ingredients: (1 measuring cup = 240 ml approx.)
- Cornflakes (plain) – 1 cup
- Boiled potato – 1 medium, chopped
- Onion – 1 small, chopped
- Cucumber – 1 small, chopped
- Tomato – 1 small, chopped
- Pomogranate kernels -1/4 cup
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Green chili- 1, chopped
- Coriander – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder/black pepper- 1/4 tsp or as per taste
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Black salt to taste
- Bhujia Sev – 3 Tbsp
- Coconut slice – 6-8
- Carrot- grated, as you like (optional)
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make:
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, onion, cucumber, tomato, pomegranate kernels, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder or black pepper powder, chaat masala, peanuts and bhujiya sev. Toss well.
- In the same bowl add cornflakes, lemon juice and salt.
- Shake and mix well.
- Garnish with sev, coconut slices, coriander and grated carrot.
- Serve immediately.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
ENJOY YOUR DAY WITH LOTS OF SMILE.