Hello busy bees!! Now today let me share with you my childhood story, whenever I make tomato soup, it takes me to that memory lane instantly. I was introduced with tomato soup long long back ago…on a special occasion….when I was travelling with my father….it was an amazing evening….I was holding the soup with my utmost excitement (with a
question on my mind- what is this -tomatoes??)…Okay I am cutting the cord now 🙂 It was on the train, we were travelling to Mumbai and for the very first time I had it there, the very special train-tomato-soup. If you traveled on train then I am sure you experienced the taste and surprisingly they able to retain the taste after many years.
Such a memory… 🙂 No reviews on that very special train-tomato-soup but here I am going to share a basic, simple yet so flavorful tomato soup recipe. I am sure you have all these ingredients at home right now. Winter always call for soups and if it is a classic tomato soup then you have to try. Very easy and quick to prepare. You can make this soup in bulk and freeze it
to have it later. Of course crouton compliments with this soup so well that you do not want to miss it. For No-oven homemade Croutons recipe check out my next post.
Visit my YouTube channel “Food HashTag Life by Jaya” to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 30 minutes||Serves: 2-3|
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
- Ripe Tomato- 4-5, roughly chopped
- Onion- ¼ cup or 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves, chopped
- Corn flour- 1 ½ tsp
- Black Pepper powder- ¼ to ½ tsp (Use freshly grounded pepper for the recipe)
- Bay leaf- 1, medium
- Cream- 2 tbsp
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 2 cup or 480 ml
How to make the soup:
- In a pressure cooker add butter and let it melt.
- Add bay leaf and garlic. Saute it for few seconds and then add onion.
- Fry it till it’s translucent. Now add tomatoes, salt and water.
- Pressure cook it for 2 whistle on medium flame.
- Do not open the lid until the pressure goes by itself.
- After that open the lid and remove bay leaf.
- Now let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- In a blender add everything and blend it until smooth.
- After blending if you see tomato skin or seeds then you can strain it once.
- Then in a pot add pureed tomato and let it boil.
- After boiling add corn flour after dissolving it in 2 tbsp of water.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes or till the soup thickens.
- Now add sugar and cream. Again simmer it for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve it in soup bowl. Garnish with dried parsley and cream.
- Serve it hot with bread croutons.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
ENJOY YOUR DAY WITH LOTS OF SMILE.
Disclaimer: The opinions or information contained within the personal home pages are the creation of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the true nature of the product. I am not sponsored by any company.