Hello Bees!! Fried rice, the name is well enough to describe the dish, no introduction needed I guess. We Indian (most of us) love Chinese food, but in our way. That’s why most of the dishes are called Indo-Chinese. Whenever we go for eating out, I have an intensive intention to order
fried rice(in any form). But as it has marked as fast food, so restaurant chefs mostly use horrific amount of oil in the dish. Then I thought to make it at home without any store bought mixes, just with right amount of sauces, vinegar, no added taste enhancer such as ajinomoto and voila!!! It taste so good in this way that you never crave for restaurant style
fried rice. Go ahead and make it for a quick fix on your weekdays busy dinner party. I have added prawn/shrimp in this recipe. Now you really want to know about frying the prawn in a right way. Prawn can not be under cooked or over cooked. If you under cook, you will get a smelly pieces or if you over cook, then you will get rubbery pieces in mouth. So be sure to check my recipe video for such tips/tricks to make a perfect home style fried rice.
Visit my YouTube channel “Food HashTag Life by Jaya” to watch recipe video. Click on the link below-
Perfect Homestyle Prawn Fried Rice
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 10 minutes||Serves: 3-4|
Ingredients: (1 cup= 240 ml approx.)
- Prawn- 350 grams, cleaned and deveined
- Cooked & cooled rice- 4 cups
- Capsicum- 1 medium, finely chopped
- Spring onion- 5-6 whole stalks, separate green and white part
- Garlic- 3-4 finely chopped
- Soy sauce- 1 ½ tbsp
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Dried whole Red chili- 2-3 deseeded and sliced
- Chili sauce- 1 tsp, optional
- Vegetable oil- 5-6 tbsp
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
- Eggs- 3
- Salt- as per taste
- Spring onion- 2-3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Roasted sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
How to make:
- In a wok or large kadhai heat 1 tbsp of oil and add white part of spring onion. Fry it until translucent, remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- Then add 2 tbsp of oil, add beaten eggs and fry it.
- When half fried add prawns and stir fry it until prawns change colour. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp of oil and add garlic. Fry it for 1 minute.
- Add chopped capsicum and fry it for couple of minutes then add green onion. Fry it for a while.
- Now add sesame oil, sliced red chili, chili powder, soy sauce and vinegar. Mix it well.
- After that add fried white part of spring onion stalk, cooked egg-prawn and rice.
- Mix everything very well and cook it on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onion and roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve it hot with any Chinese gravy dish.
- Cook the rice al-dante or a little hard. Do not overcook the rice for the recipe.
- Cook and cool down rice before start the recipe.
- Do not overcook the prawn or it will turn rubbery.
- Keep the flame high while making fried rice. It will give a nice smokey flavor, but do not burn.
- Use any short or long grain rice. Try to avoid any fragrant rice or basmati rice for the recipe.
Hope you will like the recipe and please be sure to share it with friends and family. Thank you. Please give credit for this blog if you are using images elsewhere.Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy your day with lots of smile.
Disclaimer: The opinions or information contained within the personal home pages are the creation of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the true nature of the product. I am not sponsored by any company.